I am sorry I have not posted more as of recently, I have been traveling.
Anyways, I have started back on the 1940’s neon sign again. Yesterday I managed to remove the arrow portion of the sign. I like the sign a lot better without the arrow. I am in the process of taping off the letters and repainting them with Rust-Oleum Biscuit colored appliance paint (great for all metal surfaces.) I hope to have one side finished by tomorrow and then on to the next. Hopefully by mid next week it will be completed and moved into the house as a room divider. I am still debating on getting neon installed due to cost but we will see.
I have painted most of the letters except the “O’s” & the “D”. The Maroon back ground has already been re-sprayed. If you are having a hard time seeing a difference then that means I am doing a good job at making it look original.