I have a bunch of small projects around the house I work on when I don’t feel like getting into all the sanding, painting and staining. Mel & I purchased these chalkware wall pockets a while back at Second Sunday. The finish on them was faded and there were chips in numerous spots on them. Since I repaired our Reglor Fairy lamp I have been fearless when it comes to repairing anything chalkware.
I love the way the paint brought this back to life.
I took a little creative license here. I wanted to make this piece stand out. The original had a old, wrinkled image inserted behind the figure. I am still debating if I am going to insert another one.
I will stock pile these ’till I have enough stuff to start redecorating the room. I would LOVE to find the matching pair to these two (let me know if you know of any).
While I was working on these two I decided to start repairing and refinishing the newly acquired 1951 Reglor musician lamp. This lamp had a lot of dings and chips and a crack that ran down most of one leg.
As you can see this thing is pretty faded and someone tried to paint its chest.
This crack needed to be filled with crazy glue first and once it dried I filled it with DAP wall spackling.
This is a pretty serious ding in the front but not to worry becasue DAP will make it all better!
The first thing that needed to be done was to clean the whole lamp and then start patching all the chips, cracks and dings.
As you can see there is a lot of work to do.
The next step was to paint the lamp. I matched the color at Lowes with a Valspar one coat semi-glass paint. Make sure the DAP spackling is completely dry before painting. Also, be careful not to apply too much paint at one time and let it dry before coats.
Here he is all done! I have the original shade but I think I will have it recovered to match the new vibrant colors of this fantastic lamp. (Note-You may find later after the piece dries that you have to re-touch some spots.)
I will keep you abreast of the shade situation.