Here is the clock in its unrestored condition. The bottom lip of the frame of the clock is busted out and the joints of the clock are loose.
Mel and I picked this clock up in the bay area a while back. It needed a new frame constructed for the clock section because the wood was busted out. While I was in Nebraska for the last 20 days my step-father Dave (a master cabinet-maker) made a new frame out of cherry to match the rest of the clock.
Here she is restored! I think it looks great with a little sanding and some stain. The clock looks brand new!
The original planter box had old broken down foam and nasty looking plants. I replaced the artificial greenery and put small river pebbles in the planter box.
I had to replace the clock motor with one of the battery-powered ones from Michael's. I tried to make the old one work but upon further investigation it was really warm to the touch and I did not want to burn down the house.
I love the lines of this clock and think it will go great with our Moss lamps.
There is a makers tag but unfortunately some of the tag is missing so I am not sure who made this clock.