Mel and I purchased these a while back and I knew they would need some work to be real show stoppers. I ordered custom replacement shades from Meteor Lights and they did not disappoint. I had originally planned to use them on our Moss floor lamps but they were not substantial enough. Once I received the shades I took them to Lowes to match the paint to the color of the shades. I used a Valspar semi gloss one coat paint to re-finish these lamps. The first thing I had to do was dismantle the lamps and sand down the base and main body.
While the lamps were disassembled I painted all the metal pieces to look clean and uniform. I would have tried to keep the brass finish untouched but it was too far gone. Once the paint was completely dry I grabbed a toothbrush to speckle the pink finish with black. I used the same technique with Camila’s lamp restoration.
When I put the lamp back together I rewired it because the old wiring was kind of scary. I purchased two re-wiring kits from Lowes and they worked Like a dream.