We blogged about a really stellar Chromcraft set on our other blog Hepcat Restorations a while back. Our upholsterer Bill from B&T Upholstery sent us a few text photos of how the Chromcraft set is turning out, so I thought we would pass them along…
Mel and I spent a lot of time looking for what we felt was the right fabric and this is what we found.
Here you can see John recovering the cushion base for the couch. Both John and Bill are perfectionists.
John seen here verifying it turned out all right.
One of the concerns Bill had was that our upholstery fabric did not have enough stretch for the corners of the back rest. He ended up having to sew in inserts to make the bend, but with the busyness of the fabric pattern it blends well.
Here is the last photo showing the cushions that still need to be recovered. We hope to have the set soon and will post a follow up as soon as we do.