Upon review of our blog, I noticed that I forgot to show the resto on our 1951 Reglor lamps. Sometimes I get too caught up restoring that I forget to blog about the restorations I complete. Below is a before and after of these. I used the same restoration process I have used on other chalkware pieces.
As you can see, they are not in terrible condition, but there is some damage and years of filth built up on the surface.
The female lamp had damage to her waist down to the metal wire.
Here is the repair and repaint of the damage to her waist.
I am pleased how these have been freshened up.
She looks like new now!
I don’t think these are the original Reglor shades, but they work.
On to the next resto!