Mel and I picked up this Bo-Low lamp sometime back. We had been admiring it for a while at a local antique shop and were finally able to acquire it. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find out anything about the Bo-Low Lamp Co.
As you can see, it looks like it traveled around a bit. It also had a chunk of chalk missing from a part of the top of the tree.
I used my usual process to repair it.
The next step was to paint the whole cat a cream color to help even out it’s finish, and so that the new color would take better.
I then applied the main undercoat.
As you can see from this photo, this cat had no real detail and was almost a cream color.
Here is the same head shot after I added detail and color.
Painting the leopard spots are fairly simple. Just make misshapen marks like I did above.
The next step is to apply a small amount of black around parts of the brown to create the tradition leopard spot.
Here is the original.
Here it is after I refinished it.
The original base was just tan so I added a grass effect to the bottom so it would tie in with its awesome shade.
It’s coming along as you can see, just the tail left to complete.
Just adding some finishing touches.
Ta Da! Here it is all done!
We have had this shade sitting around for sometime, and this seems like the perfect shade for this lamp.
I am very happy with how it turned out.